Thurrock School Sport Partnership is proud to be the coordinating wing of the School Games. This programme is a celebration of sport and physical activity that involves all young people from year 3-13 of all abilities and backgrounds.
The outcomes of the School Games Network for 2021/22 are the following:
1) To maintain and grow school engagement in the School Games and delivery of 60 active minutes (30 in school, 30 out of school).
2) Competition provision reflects the needs of children in our area.
3) To focus on secondary pupils and transition points (Yr 3 and Yr 7/8)
4) Empowering young people to design, deliver and promote physical activity capitalising on the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham 2022.
5) To advocate to stakeholders how the School Games makes a difference to the lives of children and young people.
This year will be as busy as ever with even more SSP competitions taking place for pupis, providing more opportunities for competiton for our pupils and leadership opportunities.
Please use the SSP website to register for events and training opportunitie and the resources tab for further information such as rules/downloadable documents.
School Games Organiser
Released: 10th May 2022
Please see attached the Borough Athletics Information - this can also be found in the Borough Olympics section of the website.Read more
Released: 27th May 2021
Next academic year there will be a slight rebranding of the School Games Format, I will go through this more in the meeting scheduled for September but just wanted to briefly…Read more
Released: 5th May 2021
We are very much hopeful that things will be back to some normality in September and therefore we have put together a calendar of competitions for 2021/22 on the website for…Read more